http://theflatgirl.wordpress.com/Nominated me for The One Lovely Blog Award and I am so grateful. To know I have touched anyone enough to honor me with such a special award!
I am not very techie when it comes to this but I had to try~ because I love her blog. She calls herself “flat girl” because she feels one dimensional. She shares so candidly her struggles that I have grown to follow her blog. She inspires me by her strength daily and I love her purely genuine apporach to life. Her posts give me strength and I look forward to them daily.
I am supposed to share seven things about myself….
1. I am writing a book that started out being for young girls…. just beginning to figure out who they are… it is a message about not letting go of your dreams or losing yourself on the journey to becoming who you are supposed to be. It is about abuse. Both physical and emotional. It introduces you to a young girl named Keri without a lot of self esteem … who did lose her self, for a while. The story threads right through into this woman’s adult life and to a dramatic place she felt stuck in~ because of her past as a young girl, and how she deals with it all. I am just a few chapters short of finishing it and I created this blog to kind of stretch my writing muscles to even see if anyone would be interested in my writing.
2. I have been so pleasantly surprised by the writing friends I have made here. AND I am so inspired by you all!
3. I have a bucket list and …my biggest wish on it is; that someday The Lord will meet me and say “Well done good and faithful servant.” But I feel like a failure most of the time and that I have a long way to go before that ever happens!
4. I have a two kids… a son that is 32 and a daughter who is 24. My daughter is an actress in LA and the whole reason that I started my first blog about empty nests…. http://fan1fan1mamma.onsugar.com/ because she was moving. We actually had this great idea of writing a book in way of letters. The book was called Scared of Daddy Long Legs and it was supposed to symbolize how we pass things good things and bad things down to our kids. Hence; my fear of daddy long legs (we are both terrified) her love to write, her love to bake… (Not sure where she got her acting and singing talents cuzzz I know I don’t do those!!! Which is the reason she is in LA) she is following in my footsteps as an artist… we both have etsy sites… mine is….: http://www.etsy.com/people/crafterdi?ref=si_pr and hers is:http://www.etsy.com/shop/thenakedbird?ref=seller_info I used to do about 9 art shows a year. I have since passed the baton to my creative little chickadee and she is doing her own art shows! Even better than the ones I dragged her to!
5. My daughter is my best friend and I love her to the moon and back! And yet I love my son too, more than I think he realizes and I am proud of him and I love the girl he is bringing into our family and that they are making me a grandma for the second time!
6. I am going to write a book and another and another
7. I have a cardline with 200 + poems that I wrote and illustrated and used to sell at my artshows (a sample of some are on my etsy site above)
I have been touched by the following bloggers and would like to nominate them for the above award.
Click on this link to recieve instructions about your award: http://theflatgirl.wordpress.com/
Sooooo, that was not an easy task. Each of you were chosen for touching my life with your words. I am not sure how to link you guys and I love the award idea but I am not sure we all have time to do this too many times. LOL.
This was a labor of love so I do appreciate the one who took the time to name me! I have NO idea what I am doing or how to link you all to the award, or even if you will see this. I guess if you see your name here and would like to participate in receiving this award… follow flat girls lead… cuzz I know I didn’t do it right!