For those of you who have given me awards please don’t be offended if I have not gone through the process of accepting. Lets face it… those AWARDS are special honors but pretty time consuming and once you really honker down to accept one it is a few hour process! I know that this is just one of many and I really wanted to list them all here and “accept” them with one swoop but I don’t have a lot of time so am recognizing this one for now. If you have never followed through with the process of accepting one of these… it takes a little time.
I have been working a lot and other things have gotten in my way but that doesn’t mean that I am not terribly honored for being mentioned. I am. Tonight, I wanted to take the time to honor this one : The Sunshine Award! I am technically challenged to say the least so I am not sure how to post it on my page and that has been why I have probably not attempted to honor more but I will do my best here… cuz I’ve grown to love my little friend who has gifted me with this one!
http://lifeofaministermom.com/about/ given to be by Patricia my wonderful new friend that has touched my life in a powerful way.
She loves the Lord with a consistency that inspires and challenges me. Her knowledge of scriptures is (at loss for a better word) again, inspriring! Even though we are decades a part, there was something so powerful about our connection. I feel that it was a God ordained, Divine appointment and that our friendship will last into eternity. Some people we are just meant to meet and I have no doubt that Patricia was one of the ones God put in my path.
I’ve linked back to her blog (click on the purple highlight above), you should go and check out her blog. It is packed full of INSPIRATION and honest down to earth writing that will warm your soul!
Here are 7 fun facts about me:
1. I knew that I wanted to be a writer since I could read and basically plagerized my version of C.S. Lewis’s The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe when it was read to our class when I was in the second grade. I wrote my own version and changed the names! LOL. NOW I think up my own material! 😉
2. I know that God answers prayer from experience.
3. My husband and I attended the same grade school though we never met until over twenty years later.
4. I have a greeting card line that I’ve written and illustrated. You can see them here: https://www.etsy.com/people/crafterdi?show_panel=true
5. I recently stopped doing art shows, I am a retired artist and am writing a book. (Aren’t we all?)
6. I was born on my grandma’s birthday and my precious new granddaughter was born on mine exactly one month ago today!
7. My daughter also writes and has a blog right here on wordpress! And is an artist and also has an etsy account! http://www.etsy.com/shop/thenakedbird She has followed in her mama’s footsteps and even done a few art shows. (You know you’ve done something right when they do what you did) 😉 But she has far surpassed me. She is a GRAND actress and wonderful singer. Two talents I would love to have but don’t have a stitch of! Ya don’t wanna hear me sing!!! 😉
Here are my nominees…. I need 100 more spaces here because there are so many more that I could list who inspire me with their sunshine each day but here is my list. NOW I know why I don’t do these awards a lot cuzzz they are pretty time consuming but so worth following through from time to time because it makes you take time to appreciate those who follow you and consistently bring joy to my life. I want to thank you all. Please don’t feel obliged to have to do this AWARD… I only did this one because I felt it was about time to honor
Okay I hate to do this to you guys but tag … your IT! 😀
Please check out my bright and sunny nominees. Their constant encouragement and/or beautiful images inspire me!
1.Paul at: http://pjb1943.wordpress.com/about/
2. Yaz at: http://yazrooney.wordpress.com/
3. Keli at: http://kelihasablog.wordpress.com/
4. Emma at: http://emmacapell.wordpress.com/about/
5. Pat at: http://plaintalkandordinarywisdom.com/
6. Becky at http://ivegotastory.wordpress.com/about/
8. Bill at Unshakable Hope
9. Louise at: http://www.recoveryourjoy.blogspot.com/
10. Carolyn at: http://abcofspiritalk.wordpress.com/about/
11. Anka at: http://keepingitrealmom.com/about/
12. Ralph at: http://bluefishway.com/about/
A message from Shaun, the creator of this award:
This is an award for everyone who is part of the “Word Press Family” I started this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honour to start this award. Thank you, Shaun @ http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com/
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them.
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people that have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH, AND LET’S CONTINUE TO SPREAD THE LOVE!